Reachable again on Monday from 03:00
phone number: 033 - 47 00 000
Selecteer uw vestiging:AmersfoortBeverwijk

What debt assistance options are there? 

Your financial situation may have undergone an unexpected change. These types of incidents are often not isolated affairs and are due to mismanagement of the financial situation.

It is very important to seek help as soon as possible once you are facing increasing financial difficulties. Luckily, you do not need to do so alone. You can get your financial situation back under control together with a debt assistance organisation. No matter how bleak the situation may seem. Besides your municipality, the following organisations also offer various forms of help:
The platform shows you all current information about your debts at a glance. The platform offers insight into the Digitaal Beslagregister (DBR), where all attachments on periodic income relationships (employment relationships, benefits, contributions, and pensions) (levied by bailiffs) are registered.

Het Juridisch Loket
Het Juridisch Loket offers free legal advice. Its website helps you with information, tips, and template letters. We can also give you personal advice.


Het Nibud
Het Nibud is an independent foundation which offers information and advice on household finances.
The website helps people with starting financial issues find a solution. The tool allows you to make a realistic redemption plan by yourself.


Stadsring51 offers residents of Amersfoort and Leusden free and immediate help with debts.


Registering for debt assistance with your municipality
There is a waiting period of around 4 weeks when you register for debt assistance. Your municipality must schedule a first meeting with you within this period. You can often receive assistance faster in case of a threatening situation. A threatening situation occurs if you

  • are evicted from your home
  • your gas, water, or electricity is disconnected
  • your health care insurance is terminated

More information about debt assistance is available at Het Juridisch Loket or at your own municipality.